boots

boots
Farming Family

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

I've Fallen Out Of Blog World!

Wow, I didn't really mean to take 6 months off, without so much as a hello! I'm still alive though. What has happened since I blogged:

Little Boy was hospitalized three times-twice for pneumonia and once for and infected lymph node.
Little Boy turned 3!
Darlin' was laid off for 5+ months (temporary construction layoff).
Darlin' made two concrete benches at work last year and he installed them by out fire pit.
Spring is in full swing!
Big Boy is growing like a weed!
We've taken the kids fishing by Weatherbee Hill.
I've been going through our stuff and getting rid of a lot of it!
Planting.
Listening to the pond peepers.
In March I spent the night at Grammie's house-just because I could and it had been 16 years since the last time!!!
We celebrated our 6th anniversary.
And of course, lots of wonderful, every day stuff that makes up life. (You know, dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc., lol. But also the reading "I wish I had Duck Feet" 5 times a day, and other cuteness)
  Without further ado, here are some recent pictures:
Early May Darlin' went up to Chamberalin with Gump, Joe Lee and Tyler Lee.
The boys were excited to see Daddy and his fish! Darlin' made pickled white fish. It's still picklin', but I'll let you know how it turns out.
 My wax begonia the boys got me for Mother's Day. So pretty! Hanging on the rooster hook my Aunt Ellie gave me.
 Enjoying the hummingbirds!

Apple blossoms.

Butterflies and lilacs.



While I was taking butterfly pictures, I heard that familiar hum and looked up:

 I thought that was so cool! Pretty little female.
 The garden about a week ago. Since taking this picture I put up a little trellis for the peas. The two rows of green in the back are potatoes, the one closest to the front is peas. Also have spaghetti squash, kabocha squash, zucchini, corn and cukes. I have other things in the raised beds.
I was flipping through a Mary Jane's farm book that I hadn't looked at in a while and came across the idea of using tin can lids for garden markers. I didn't have tin can lids, but I had canning lids! These were fun to make!
Like clock work, my little snuggle buddies come down the stairs at 5 in the morning and join me on the couch. That doesn't leave me much time to myself!
Had to use the flash, too dark and too early!
I have a snuggle buddy next to me right now. I think blogging time is over, he is talking my ears off, I can't hear myself think! LOL.

1 comment: