boots

boots
Farming Family

Monday, January 23, 2017

Ladies Homestead Gatherings

Good morning all! My cousin and I are starting up a chapter of Ladies Homestead Gatherings! Here is the link to their website: http://www.ladieshomesteadgathering.org/
This is what my cousin posted on her blog:

I am very excited to announce my Cousin Dani and I will be starting A Ladies Homestead Gathering here in the state of Maine. This is part of a National nonproft organization in which each month we will learn a homestead tip and have support for one another and our homesteads.
This will be open to any lady who is interested in homesteading in an urban or rural setting. For any woman who is beginning to research homesteading.
Some of the topics anticipating to go over are bee keeping, raising beef critters, goats, chickens, cooking from scratch, candle making, soap making, etc.
Please let me know of your interest date so we can keep you informed of our first meeting date!!!


We have since chosen our first meeting date: March 25th, 2017 @ 2:00pm. The topic will be Garden planning. We are still in the planning stages, and learning details, but there is talk of including a "lending library" in which we will share our homesteading related books with each other. We will be meeting once a month. This is a good opportunity to get together with friends, meet new friends, and have a good time sharing the passion we have for all things homesteading. If you would like to learn more and this idea tickles your fancy, then feel free to contact me : danniosgood@gmail.com or my cousin Dee : wylddreamfarm@gmail.com. We hope to get together with friends, new and old and learn new things! Come join us for some fun!!

5 comments:

  1. Danni let me know I am very interested this is a excellent idea do you mind if I post it on web sites for more people love ya ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! You do the garden, I'll take the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Young's will be speaking to us about MOFGA

    ReplyDelete